What Are Those Screens in Front of Voice Actors’ Microphones?

So, what are those weird curved metal or circular mesh screens in front voice actors’ microphones? They’re called pop filters.

When you say certain letters, usually hard consonants and especially the letter P, air escapes your mouth very quickly and makes a popping sound on a recording. These are called plosives.

They usually still have to be softened during the editing process, but they can be greatly reduced using a pop filter. 

Please follow and like us:
Pin Share
Wheels Up Media